If you are looking to learn more about a career in policing, then you’re in the right place.
Here at West Midlands Police we have various entry routes to help people begin their careers with us. Scroll down to find out more about the opportunities we have available.
Whether it’s dreaming of becoming a detective, starting a life in uniform or considering one of the many staff roles we offer, West Midlands Police is the perfect place to start your police career.
So – if you want to apply to join us on our Degree Holder Entry Programme you must:
- Be aged 17 years or older (you must be 18 by the time you start)
- Be a British citizen, a citizen of a country that is a member of the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a Commonwealth citizen or foreign national who is resident in the UK and free from restrictions.
- Have been resident in the UK for the past three years
- Have a full manual driving licence (by the time of appointment).
- Not have tattoos which breach our tattoo policy.
- Not be registered bankrupt (or have bankruptcy debts that have been discharged within the past three years).
- Be able to pass a job-related fitness test.
- Be able to pass a medical screening and meet the minimum eyesight standards.
- Not be a current or previous member of a proscribed terrorist organisation or group.
- Achieved a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in any subject
If this all sounds OK and you are ready to apply, keep checking this page and we’ll send you to the application form as soon as recruitment opens.
If you see your police career as a detective, you have a couple of options. Firstly, you can join our DHEP programme, as described above, and then apply for roles and training as a detective as you move on in your career – or you can apply when this route opens later in May 2022. The programme specifically trains you to be a detective during the second year of your student officer training.
If you are not a graduate, then the Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship could be for you. Take a look at our eligibility criteria and more detail about this three-year training scheme, on our PC Recruitment pages.
If you’re not quite ready, want to know more or you prefer to express an interest in one of our other entry routes, fill in this form and one of our recruitment team will be in touch about other opportunities.