This accessibility statement applies to content published on the jobs.west-midlands.police.uk domain. It does not apply to content published to content on service.west-midlands.police.uk subdomains. For example, west-midlands.police.uk.
This website is run by West Midlands Police. We want as many people as possible to use it. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 200% with no problems
- navigate most of the website using only a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
How accessible this website is
We are aware that some of this website is not fully accessible. For example:
- videos do not have captions or audio description
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format, email us. In your email, tell us:
- the web address (URL) you’re viewing
- what content you need
- the format you need, for example an accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We always want to improve the accessibility of this website.
- find any problems not listed on this page or
- feel we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your email, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
West Midlands Police is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1 AA standard.
On our website, our video “Recruitment: This Work Matters” on the front page fail the following success criterion:
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.1 Prerecorded Audio-only and Video-only (A)
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.2. Captions (Prerecorded) (A)
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.3. Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded) (A)
- WCAG 2.1. 1.2.5 Audio Description(Prerecorded) (AA)
The video was created and uploaded before the accessibility regulations came into law. However, we are looking to add captions, and a text transcript to the video at some stage. We will update the statement when we know when we will be able to achieve this.
Some of our images on the website fail success criterion WCAG 2.1. 1.4.5 Images of Text. We aim to fix this by December 2020.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
This statement was prepared on 25 September 2020. It was last updated on 30 November 2020.