Associate personnel provide a valuable resource to the West Midlands Police, bringing current, relevant and specialist skills that complement our staff.
WMP Associate roles include:
- Crime Investigators including vulnerability offences
- Crime Screeners
- Collision Investigators
- Office Managers
- Emergency / Non-Emergency Call Handlers – Please note these roles require you to have incident resolution experience and have held a similar position within a policing capacity in the past 12-18 months.
Please note that serving police officers, police staff and civil servants cannot be engaged as WMP Associates.
WMP Associates are people with a particular skill-set or work history who can support operational policing delivery in respect of specific tasks that require temporary additional resources.
- WMP Associates are engaged on an ad hoc basis for specific, short-term, discrete pieces of work.
- Payment is dependent on the nature of the work undertaken.
- A robust recruitment and selection process is applied where successful WMP Associates are retained on an approved list.
- Acceptance onto the approved list of WMP Associates does not guarantee the offer of work.
- All applications are subject to security vetting and reference checks.
- Associate engagement is subject to the Code of Ethics
- Associates wishing to undertake a Trainer role must hold a level 4 teacher/trainer qualification, such as a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS Level 4), Diploma in Learning and Development, Certificate in Education, NVQ 4 Learning and Development or equivalent.
Please be aware that West Midlands Police are unable to offer specific feedback where individuals are not accepted onto the WMP Associate database.
To express your interest in being a WMP Associate, please email us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make it clear in your Expression of Interest the role(s) you wish to be considered for.